Welcome

The views represented here are mine and I hope to add a little bit of humor to our sad state of affairs.

My Address is http://timsscaredstiff.com

Opinions are Welcomed but keep it civil.

Trying to Make a Difference

Tim's Scared Stiff This is where you can go for Politics, current news and opinion.


Sunday, May 2, 2010

Presidential Comedy

Last Night they had the Press Corp correspondence dinner. Now of course the jokes for Obama were written for him. Then again Jay Leno's were for him also. It reaffirmed my disdain for Leno. No one and I mean no one there thought that Leno was Funny. Not even Humorous. Not even a snicker. Diffidently no chuckles, snorts, giggles, laughs or the tried and true BAWAAAAAA. You could hear crickets. I expected him to say at any time,"Is this thing on". Really it was sad and I was embarrassed for him. No wonder I never watch his show. At least O'Brien was trying.
Now our Commander and Jokester was great. This guy could have had a great Career at Stand up. Timing was impeccable. Delivery was superb. The Pres. was funny!!
You have to wonder how the hell he was able to prepare, after all it was a last minute decision to go. You know that oily, messy, welly thingy down south. But he did and slayed them. I won't ruin it for you, but his comments on Steele made me Gafawwwww.
If you get a chance, watch it. But as far as Leno, he's jumped the shark.

5 comments:

Tom Harper said...

I saw a Yahoo article this morning about Obama's speech with Leno. I don't remember any exact lines, but Obama made some quips about his birth certificate, among other things.

I've always thought Leno's monologue at the beginning of his show was funny. I sometimes watch the Tonight Show just for the monologue and then change the channel. But I'd guess Leno is an A$$hole in person. I remember reading an interview with Andrew Dice Clay (politically incorrect "sick" comedian from the '80s), and he said something like "I get everything out of my system when I do my act. I'm a nice guy off stage. Jay Leno has this smooth manner on stage, but off stage he's a scumbag."

jmsjoin said...

I watched that! Leno was particularly bad and very dry. Obama was great and I was thinking Leno set the stage for Obama. I think the guy is great anyway!

Tim said...

Tom
The dice Man. He assaulted the sense's
we remember him today. To tell the truth I'm a bit bias about Obama.
My Son has that same smile. Kind of just makes people like you. Thank the stars he looks like his mother.;)

Tim said...

Jim
Yeah and the lines were so old, Mother in law type stuff. Maybe he didn't prepare or maybe he was worried about what Conen O'Brian is to say on 60 minutes. Ha!

S.W. Anderson said...

Obama's material was much better than Leno's. I'm not a big Leno fan, although like Tom I've enjoyed some of his opening monologues. But Saturday night, Leno seemed flat and like he was going through the motions.

I'm surprised Tom thinks Leno is such a bad guy off camera. I've seen him interviewed and in appearances on other kinds of programs, and read a few things about him. My impression is that he's mostly a pretty regular, nice guy. Granted, he and NBC came off looking bad in the way Conan O'Brien was treated. I tend to think NBC executives were the real villains behind that.