Welcome

The views represented here are mine and I hope to add a little bit of humor to our sad state of affairs.

My Address is http://timsscaredstiff.com

Opinions are Welcomed but keep it civil.

Trying to Make a Difference

Tim's Scared Stiff This is where you can go for Politics, current news and opinion.


Monday, February 22, 2010

A New Car

So Toyota is in deep weeds. Yeah they be making death traps for the masses. I guess there's even been some kind of cover up. So educate me, these cars cost over $20,000.
Some much more. Mileage? I'm supposed to be impressed with 30 miles per gallon?
I guess it's me but I don't get it. Nothing losses money like a new car purchase.
You know, I have a 1991 Chevy Caprice with every option that was available. New it went for around $20,000. Did I buy it new, Not a chance. No I bought it around 3 years ago.
This is a 1991 big freaking boat. The ride is the best I could find, it's a cruiser.
Gee I get 30 miles an hour on the highway. Where is all the technology that increases mile per gallon. My car accelerates and stop perfectly. The seats are more comfy than the furniture in my house. Guess what I paid $800.00 for the beast. Like I said, guess it's me but I don't envy anyone with payments. I so don't care about Toyota and hope they go belly up. Make all American. If you need to you can borrow my knife for Harry carry.Glad to help.
Your thoughts......

5 comments:

Me said...

Hear, hear!

Imagine if we actually produced vehicles (from start to finish) here in this country?

Why, that might create jobs! What a concept.

And I'm with you on never paying the exorbitant price that goes along with a new car. Used vehicles in this household.

Tim said...

I couldn't have said it better?

Ranch Chimp said...

So much truth to that, lot's of people dont realize the car business and how it work's or how to buy and finance etc. My daughter's all drive new flashy car's with payment's (they can afford it as well) .... but I drive their car's as well ... one of the most annoying thing's to me is that goddamn navigation system or the various other alert system's with their annoying nagging to buckle up and other nauseating shit ... I used it a couple time's for shit's and grin's, this computerized voice was tellin me shit like turn right at 35 ft or left or such, and all this technical shit I yelled at it the first time (dummy me) and said ...."shut the fuck up!" .... it was worse than a kid going to goddamn driving school having to listen to the goddamn instructor! Or a nagging wife sitting next to you in the passenger seat .... if I had one of them car's I would get the owner's manual, disconnect all that shit and just hook it up for annual inspection's. I put my daughter's behind the wheel on pillow's at age 10, and under the hood to teach them how to change oil and transmission and filter's and change tires, I'm old school, worked at a lube and oil joint bay as a kid in Houston in 95 degree temp's changing folk's oil. A brand new car .... devalue's blue book wise approx a couple thousand buck's the minute you drive it off the lot .... wait till the following year, buy the same car with only some test miles on it in the hundred's for several thousand cheaper just so they can get rid of last year's unsold inventory.

Like I tell the youngster's ...."be fly, and be wise" :)

Tim said...

Funny Stuff.RC..
I guess were both old. Ha! The first car a drove was a 1958 Desoto with a hemi and large finns. Push button tranny.
Lots of fun.

Ranch Chimp said...

Goddamn dude .... I remember them and the push button transmission's, what a trip .... it's like I havent thought of them in year's, they just totally left my mind till you brought it up!

Sadly ....(and I'm not proud of this) the first car I drove was stolen and I was a passenger first in it.

Later guy ..........