Welcome

The views represented here are mine and I hope to add a little bit of humor to our sad state of affairs.

My Address is http://timsscaredstiff.com

Opinions are Welcomed but keep it civil.

Trying to Make a Difference

Tim's Scared Stiff This is where you can go for Politics, current news and opinion.


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Short little diddy

No I'm not talking of my dick. This is just a sudden awareness of the basic differences of the right and left. Now for awhile I thought many on the right were pretty screwed up. I believe it boils down to the age old class system. I knew that they had a mindset of I got mine screw you. The health care debacle demonstrates that. Of course many people of money, whether it be old money or recent have fucked up ways of looking at things. An example of this is a story from thirty five years ago. I knew this guy, who made a fortune starting after WWII. His father started him off in business with twenty thousand dollars which at the time was a lot of money. Needless to say he made money, a lot of money. At the time I knew him he was worth many millions. No matter what this bastard touched it turned into gold. This one time I was working on installing a parking lot for him. He came down to the site and asked me for three things, a cigarette,Cash money that I had on me, and my vinyl boots I was wearing. You see he never carried cigs or money on him. This I knew. The boot thing fucked me up. When I asked him about the boots, he told me he had invested in a oil well in Texas as a write off. He was so rich he had to look for ways of dumping money. His problem that day, the well came in. He struck oil.
A couple years go by when we again meet up. This time I was installing trees at his mansion.
As we talked he told me that they were planning an outdoor activity and wanted my advice as to what to serve the guest. This POOR bastards favorite thing in the world to eat was a hot dog. He would only eat one when he was traveling so that no one would recognize him. It was beneath his class. Now he was asking me what my class of people ate at picnics. He was agonizing over this because he wanted to serve up hot dogs with the rest of the spread but thought people would think less of him. Of course being the asshole that I am,I told him to be a trend setter and go with the hot dogs. I don't know if he did or not but I always felt bad at this poor little rich guy who wanted a hot dog.

1 comment:

Ranch Chimp said...

Great story Mr.Tim .... as for having a laugh! I never had a problem with folk's making alot of money actually, I have lived modestly all my life .... and have enjoyed it , so to live in a mansion for me .... and I been in a couple .... would be really nauseating, or most of the way they seek entertainment. Lower income folk's like us never see the benefit's of being .... well ...lower income .... really. Can you imagine what it is like to actually have to "think" like that? or live in a house with so many level's and room's that you have to hire outsider's just to keep it up, and knowing your gone so much, some of those will be snooping into your personal shit? Then having to "impress" folk's 24/7 and not really having any "real" friend's, because everyone you know is a business associate, and/ or investment of sort, so you have to live like this to cater to them.... because if you are not up to parr with these "associate's" they loose faith in you and take their association along with business elsewheres. Then having to compete and stay a million on top of all those you have to compete with, trying to outdo them on market deal's and investment's, and showing each other all the time ..."my castle is bigger than your's" .... it become's a rat race of sort .... and they never realize the "societal prison" and cycle they are so caught in. Some even probably saying to themselves when they are alone and can think,...."Geeeez ... I wish I had a simpler life" ... but just cant get out of that cycle. We have the ability and enough freedom to create our destiny and perception's, and choices of how we choose to spend, live, and invest ... nothing come's without a price .... and neither does their lives. Are they REALLY happy? Heh,heh,heh,heh,heh ... I am the "Devil's Advocate" so to speak .... and assure you ... I know them at time's better than they know themselves ... in their moment's of desperation ... I alway's tell them ..."Did you NOT choose this?" heh, heh, heh, heh, heh .... evrything my friend .... has a price ... and not necessarily a monitary one! :)