Welcome

The views represented here are mine and I hope to add a little bit of humor to our sad state of affairs.

My Address is http://timsscaredstiff.com

Opinions are Welcomed but keep it civil.

Trying to Make a Difference

Tim's Scared Stiff This is where you can go for Politics, current news and opinion.


Thursday, March 4, 2010

Edumacation

I've blogged about this before but I need to touch on it again. Schools, Higher Education, it's out of reach for far too many. The cost are staggering,absurd and obscene. I've not heard anyone ask why. My Son for example has gone to college now for almost four years. While it is a private school and thus expensive,most days he laments what a waste of time it is. When I ask him how this course or that course is doing he says what a waste of time. By the way he is on the deans list. So once more, why the crazy cost? Well you have the buildings to maintain, grounds to keep,ever present Sports, support and of course the professors. It's time we looked at a problem by not just throwing more money at it but by seeing where it's spent. Buildings and staff are a thing of the past. Computers America! Online courses! Accredited courses! Let one good teacher reach thousands. Course interaction. This might not work with all courses so deal with it. Can you Imagine the money saved and all the kids this type of teaching could reach. Perhaps kids could stay at home, not commute, not have to pay for Dorms. There are many courses available on line now but the key to this is credits. Our system of education is antiquated and wrong.If we can't fix this we can't fix anything. As far as sports figure it out.
Your thoughts...............

1 comment:

Ranch Chimp said...

I reckon I wrote more than my fair share on this. Education serve's 3 purposes in this country the way I see it. It is to teach social education skill's, so that kid's learn to interact, at the same time, it is used to weed out kid's that are not suitable, all advantage's are to the 3 ruling entities that I talk about, which are mega organized religion, politic's, and corporate. All 3 entities mold the children to be what they want to use them for basically.Just like churches,why do you think they have infant baptism's?, childhood catecism etc? Because any child psychologist know's that what ever you "plant" in the brain at between age's 3 to 7 let's say .... will be the foundation for what you want to cultivate.

Then you have the business end of it .... the racket's of also milking on loan's, the credit card companies etc,etc .... you know since their "kid's" ... folk's will spend relentlessly whatever cost's need to be spent .... that is why and how this system covertly uses kid's as a commodity, and you have of course corporate entities play their role through advertising and getting involved with the pop culture end of it through aesthetic's/ music , advertising, clothing, etc. Again, money and guiding a mass "herd" mentality.

Then, you want to structure also the political mindset using these 3 entities .... in this case getting people to think they are or have option's by creating ideologies and term's such as good and evil, left and right, etc, pick one or the other or the lesser of two evil's, but you will still end up with evil so to speak, if that make's any sense. I could go on and on, but that's the basic line.

I myself was one of the rebel kid's, went against the grain so to speak, completed actually 8th grade, which was in Buffalo, left home at age 13, never went back to live,and self made myself. Of course I am not molded like they want me .... am forced by law to be somewhat the way they want, but I am not a "success" on their term's of the ideal citizen let's say. I dont think or believe like most prople do in other word's or believe in thing's like good/ evil. left/ right, right/ wrong. Only action/ reaction, cause/ effect.

Thank You Mr.Tim .........