Welcome

The views represented here are mine and I hope to add a little bit of humor to our sad state of affairs.

My Address is http://timsscaredstiff.com

Opinions are Welcomed but keep it civil.

Trying to Make a Difference

Tim's Scared Stiff This is where you can go for Politics, current news and opinion.


Friday, August 21, 2009

Now's the time

Things as I see it concerning Health Care. Now's the time to act. We the people need a March on Washington to show our leaders that we mean business. I had this idea a couple of weeks ago and tried to contact someone who usually is immersed in this sort of thing.
The Rev. Al Sharpton. I didn't get a response. I didn't really expect one as I'm just a schmuck. What we need is someone with money and backing to let us send the message.
Just imagine a million people descending on the Capital. It's our country too. It's time,
it's time to get off our collective ass and get something done. We won't be carring guns or spewing hatred but as one, one with one purpose, equality in health care for all.
As President Johnson once said to Dr.King,if you want reform make me do it.
I hope we do.

2 comments:

Me said...

I hope we do, too, Tim.

There was a time when people who passionately believed in a cause did descend upon Washington in huge numbers, like the million you mention. Now, the vast majority is either too complacent or too cowardly to do so.

If a march for Public Health Care is EVER organized, I will personally DRIVE to Washington to join my brothers & sisters in this cause.

And I'll join and the lovely Mel there.

:)

Tim said...

Mel's right

Your the best