Welcome

The views represented here are mine and I hope to add a little bit of humor to our sad state of affairs.

My Address is http://timsscaredstiff.com

Opinions are Welcomed but keep it civil.

Trying to Make a Difference

Tim's Scared Stiff This is where you can go for Politics, current news and opinion.


Sunday, November 1, 2009

Slow Boil

I'm sitting here on the couch not really thinking of all the talking assholes on Sunday morning "I'm so smart TV". Not thinking of the bullshit they spew. No actually I'm thinking of a movie I saw back in the early seventies called the Candidate with Redford. I've only seen it once and that was at the movies so it was a while ago. What stands out in my memory is the end scene when Redford as the winning candidate get hit with reality. The weight of the campaign being over hits him like an anvil. He looks to his Manager while everyone around is celebrating. He says in a very subdued voice, "what do we do Now". I can't help drawing a direct comparison to our President. I can't help but wonder if he's lost. Where is the leadership we voted for, that sense of a vision of what's right. The direction that He knows the way. I don't see it yet. I want to so much believe in him. I think things are clear for me and I can't understand why their not for Him. Simply put DO THE RIGHT THING. Get politics out of the mix. If nothing else think what would Roosevelt Do. Ahh Christ time for a beer.

No comments: