Welcome

The views represented here are mine and I hope to add a little bit of humor to our sad state of affairs.

My Address is http://timsscaredstiff.com

Opinions are Welcomed but keep it civil.

Trying to Make a Difference

Tim's Scared Stiff This is where you can go for Politics, current news and opinion.


Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm old

Big uproar over using the term Negro and I don't know why. My wife and kids say that no one uses that term but old people. I didn't know that I shouldn't. So what are we supposed to call them "blacks". They don't seem black to me, more like different shades of brown. African Americans, OK but what if your not from Africa say Haiti for example. I think that would make them a little put off. If Negro is so offensive then why is it on the census?
Maybe I don't like being a Caucasian. That term seems old. White, I'm not very white more like a light brown. Seems were all a little sensitive these days. Now if Negros want to be categorized by an other general term, let us know what it is. I'll call you anything you want, just get a consensus on it. If I were to give whites and blacks new terminology I vote for "Shades" for people of darker color and "Tints for those of less color. Your Thoughts...

No comments: