Welcome

The views represented here are mine and I hope to add a little bit of humor to our sad state of affairs.

My Address is http://timsscaredstiff.com

Opinions are Welcomed but keep it civil.

Trying to Make a Difference

Tim's Scared Stiff This is where you can go for Politics, current news and opinion.


Thursday, October 8, 2009

Helping Hand

Awhile ago a new friend of mine by the name of Larry asked me to write about welfare. He has a problem with lifers on welfare and hates the fact we are supporting them. I my not have all his input in this thought as he's not got back to me on his frame of thought.
OK so here's mine...Everyone now and then needs a helping hand. Brother can you spare a dime. I have no problem with welfare at all. I do have a problem as to how we handle it.
After years and tears of families on welfare it becomes acceptable to them and expected a public handout. Who's fault is that? Ours!! The Gov. in making a problem go away by expelling money at it. We never address the issue. People need to be needed! After years of generational welfare, self esteem and the want to succeed and prosper are a forgotten notion. How do we fix this? Pay them for things they can do. Perhaps mailings for the Government, Give them a computer to help do the outsourcing we pay for through the nose to private industry. I'm sure many things could be conjured up so that people get a sense of pride, perhaps for the first time, that feeling your providing for your loved ones. I don't give a crap about the so called fortune we spend on welfare (less then 1%). I care about the forgotten poor and want them to receive more than money. Basic shit I want them to have dignity, pride and self worth.
God bless America.:(

No comments: